As a community Project Promoter you will have the opportunity to lead youth in several community projects such as the H4H Project or Hope for Houseless Project where the youth of Latinos Unidos Siempre get to provide support to our houseless community through various efforts including clothing drives, community resource connections and more.
You will also have the opportunity to take initiative on your own projects or projects of interest that help advance the mission of L.U.S. and empower youth and our community.
As a Community Project Promoter you will gain valuable experience connecting youth to the needs of our community and advancing equity for all.
-Creating positive community projects for youth
- Meeting weekly or bi-weekly to plan out projects with youth and leaders
-Contact with LUS leaders
-Communication with community organizations, leaders, or individuals
- Developing methods of leadership for community projects and youth involvement
As a Youth Mentor, you will have the opportunity to work directly with individual youth by providing academic and professional support through tutoring and resource navigating for job or scholarship opportunities. This position will allow you to grow as a youth advocate by listening to the concerns, needs and aspirations of current youth in our community.
As a youth mentor, we highly recommend that you are aware of the issues that affect youth of color, LGBTQA+ youth and youth who are undocumented or currently DACA recipients - this will make your mentoring experience even more rewarding and successful-
- Tutoring youth ages 11-17
- Resource Navigation (looking for academic and professional opportunities)
- Team work (planning and evaluating activities with other staff and volunteers)
- Spending time with youth
- Education (everyone has something to teach! All knowledge is valuable)